Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint

Word: I use Microsoft word for everything! The specific features that I use are:
* spell check, Synonyms, font variations (size, collor, type, underline, bolding, italicize), edit undo, copy and paste, cut, spacing, save as, open file/ document, new paper/ file, insert footnotes, header, footer, and probably many more than I even realize.
Excel: I actually don't use Excel for anything. At one point in my education, I was in a statistics class, so I was forced to dabble with excel, but that was years ago and I don't even remember the basics.
Power Point: As timid as I am to admit this, I haven't used Power Point in years either. However, I am giving a presentation on Thursday and I think that a Power Point will really add to my presentation. So, I will experiment with it tomorrow, and attempt to create a power point presentation.

Some possible projects that I could give to my students in which they would be required to use these three sources of technology are:
Word: Write a research paper on the affects of exercise on the body.
Excel: Create a basic timeline of your life so far (track birthdate, special events, tragedies, happy times, etc...)
Power Point: Creat a power point based on the research paper on the affects of exercise on the body.

No comments:

Post a Comment