Alignment with truth is alignment with understanding- understanding the beauty in waking up every morning to fresh breaths of air pumping through the fibrous lungs that were gifted to me by the giver of truth.
If I were walking in truth, I would finally understand a love so great- so great, that nothing could ever delay me from basking in it every moment of everyday. This love would be my drive, my energy, my fuel. If I fully understood, I would become a little more ‘choosy’ when it comes to the gas that drives my efforts. I no longer would opt for the unleaded fuel, but would, undoubtedly, pay the cost to bring my body to life with premium, unwavering fuel from the richest of loves.
I truly believe that when in truth, I would be given an understanding of that old man. That man who I serve on the swing shift every other night at the Shari’s diner on the corner of Wheeler road, by the truck stop. I would know his reasoning for obnoxiously waving me over, while I’m obviously attending to other customers, blurting out “Uh, excuse me. Excuse me, waitress! Am I ever going to get a coffee refill?” Then rolling his eyes when I politely say, “It will be just one minute, Sir.”
Alignment with truth would inspire compassion that comes with understanding. Yes, I believe that alignment with truth would give me compassion for that man with a clear vision of his hurts, his scars, and the pain underneath his condescending “How hard can it be to pour a coffee refill?” thoughts, that are oh so clear. This compassion would surpass my simmering anger and my firing dendrites that are piecing together a clever comeback that would be sure to quiet him up, for at least the remainder of this visit. I’m sure that the understanding and compassion would do away with my go-to-list of insults, and empower me with a genuine smile and accompanying words for this old man.
Alignment with truth would allow me to see that all the little things (the rude comments, the pressures of life, and the expectations), they mean nothing. But then, at the same time, they mean everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment