Perhaps I would start by changing myself- the way I think about things. If I had the power to ban negativity from my mind, I would cling to this power and create only “happy thoughts!” Seeing only beauty in the book sitting next to me that my homework schedule is telling me I’m supposed to read. Yeah, that book is beautiful! I can see it now, now that I have the power to do away with negativity. Its burnt brown color, bent edges, and out-dated illustrations on the front are exactly what my eye needs to keep me engaged for an extended period of time.
Or perhaps I would start by changing the way I see things. Instead of gazing out the window of my bedroom and only seeing the backside of a pute colored dilapidated building with moss taking up residence in an undetected location, I would see the hard work of some young man (full of life and ambition) who poured endless hours into the creating of this historic structure.
If I could change the world, I would change my perception and the perception of those around me. I would do away with a half empty cup and design the mind to only see things as spilling over the rim of the gold-rimmed goblet. I’m in high hopes that this tiny tweak to the brain and pathway of thoughts would evoke a trickle effect and spill over into all areas of the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment