Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What is it?

What would you use if for if you were stranded in the forest?

I have no idea what it is. Wait, I take that back. It looks like a net that onions are contained in when you buy them from the store. However, this net is lime green, and I think the onion net bags are maroon or perhaps purple?

If I were stranded in the forest, I would tie the ends of this lime green net and use it to store and carry fruits or berries as I hike through the forest and try to make my way to shelter.

I also could use it to cover my head if bugs or mosquitoes are a problem. Does that make sense? Would a holy net work as a mask to protect me from bugs? Probably not, but I’m trying here.

Let’s see… this thing looks like garbage.

It looks like garbage, but so does the majority of everything I collect, to the untrained eye, that is. I find a lot of joy in little nick knacks that I maybe use one time and then they just sit, collecting dust, and adding to the collage of random in my apartment.

This summer, I aggressively cut up a Seattle Weekly newspaper saving anything that looked promising- happy hours bribing the common, less than rich reader with $4 nacho happy hour deals, summer concerts, and free salsa lessons!! I posted these on my refrigerator totally buzzin about the cool ideas I had found to fill my summer.

I never did any of it. But, I sure looked cultured with the randoms on my fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment