Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Cool Cat Teacher Blog
"Teaching content with new tools, enthusiasm, and the belief that teaching is a noble calling." This statement is the motto for the Cool Cat Teacher Blog, and after checking out the whole blog, I've decided that the motto fits! The Cool Cat blog works to be inspirational to educators in all areas of life (including taking the time to understand and use technology in the classroom). The author blogs nearly every day with different issues or simply a message of encouragement. The message she posted on the day of my visit to her blog was that of not being lethargic and lazy with our dreams. She encouraged her readers to identify and work to achieve their dreams. I know that this is not what I was supposed to reflect on in this assignment, but the message really spoke to me, so I decided to include it in my blog. The Cool Cat blog has links to numerous sites that give examples of how technology can be used in cool ways, articles/ conferences on the use of technology, as well as examples of how she herself has found creative ways of incorporating technology into her curriculum. This blog inspired me to not be lethargic with my knowledge and use of technology. I've recently realized that I shy away from using technology that I am not familiar with. But after reading her blog, I am encouraged to play with technology (like kids do) and enjoy using it for a variety of purposes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment