Saturday, February 27, 2010

Moses Lake High School Website

Moses Lake High School is where I attended high school 4 years ago. For this assignment, I chose to analyze my former high school's page because I'm not sure where I want to teach post graduation, but in the future, Moses Lake could be where I end up.
After visiting their website, I was very impressed. It was very organized, with the most relevant and time oriented news on the opening page (where it catches your attention). Also on the opening page were pictures of Moses Lake as well as the high school. There was a list of upcoming events in which anyone who read the invite was invited.
The site had organized links that were directed towards different sorts of audiences i.e. students, employment, district, schools, staff, community, etc... From these links, the website provided detailed information for alumni students, nwe testing information, information about the area, etc.. I was surprised at how detailed and well-organized the website was. I definately feel like if you had a particular question reagarding any aspect of the High School, you could go to the site, and answer your own question.
One important aspect that I feel the website could improve upon is the graphics and attractiveness. I understand that it is a professional website and should reflect this, but I think that today's generation has become more creative in the websites and similar technological tools employed by businesses, and this should be reflected on the website. Like I said earlier, there is a picture of Moses Lake on the website, but it was taken on a gloomy day, and thus it kinda sets the tone for the whole website (because it is the first thing you see when you go to the website).
Other than the overall attractiveness of the website, I think that the Moses Lake High School website is very organized and helpful for users.

No comments:

Post a Comment