This class was a very good learning experience. The Smart Board assignment #2 required me to do a little investigating of the Smart Board (how it worked, what it's used for, how ESL students can use it in the classroom, etc...) I found a fun activity, a crossword puzzle, which would be good practice for a vocab lesson in TESL. The activity was interactive and allowed students to work as a group and also to come up to the board and use it first hand.
Along with learning more about the Smart Board from my own activity, I also gained a better understanding of how the board worked by watching the other students' activities and how they used the board. They used different features of the Smart Board software as well as various creative activities which, prior to their presentation, I was clueless about. This goes to show that students in classes where Smart Boards are being used, are learning a great deal about technology just by watching how the teacher and others use it in the classroom.
Overall, I thought Assignment 2 was very informative, on a lot of levels, about the usefulness of the Smart Board. It can be a great tool to get the students actively engaged and interested in the class. It has a tun of different amentities that can be used in various classes. Finally, the use of it in the classroom exposes the students to technology in a first hand/ inadvertant way.
No comments:
Post a Comment