Tuesday, March 2, 2010
ActivBoard Reflection
Tonight I went to the Lake Washington High School to learn more about the Promethean ActivBoard. Ms. Wageman was the teacher, a former graduate of Northwest University, who did a little presentation on the ActivBoard for us students. In her presentation, she showed us a video of various teachers around the community who have recently incorporated the board into their classrooms. A lot of the teachers expressed apprehension about having to change their methodology of presenting the information in their class (to incorporate the ActivBoard). However, every single one of the teachers also said that the board really added to their classroom in regards to presenting the material in a different way (to help the students better understand it), getting the students more involved in the lesson, and appealing more to the students (because technology is what they like to do). This video clip she showed eased the apprehension I have regarding using an activboard. Knowing that the more you use the board, the easier it comes really helps me grasp the concept that I can use the board, in a productive way, once I've used it enough to be comfortable with it. Ms. Wagner also expressed her luck, in that, while she was student teaching, the classroom she worked in had an activboard, so she was able to learn how to use it from the beginning. Getting familiar with the piece of technology early is the best way to use it productively in the class. In realizing this, I was very appreciative for all the time we are devoting to learning how to use the SMARTBoard and ActivBoard (while we are in college). So, when we actually become teachers we will already be well practiced with it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment