Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Educational Blog: "What Makes A Learning Experience Unbelievably Satisfying?"
I read the educational blog entitled "What Makes A Learning Experience Unbelievably Satisfying?" by Ben Johnson. I really liked this blog because it focuses on not boring the students. Johnson outlines various ways in which a teacher can interact with the student and better engage them in the learning process. Some things that I learned from this blog are actually things that seem like common sense but I think are commonly forgotten. For example, Johnson stressed the importance of giving positive reinforcement constantly to stroke the childrens' confidence and make them feel successful. Another point that he touched on was creating tasks for the students to do individually so that they feel needed. The basic jist of his blog was to treat each child like they are extremely special and consequently they will have an "unbelievably satisfying experience." After reading Johnson's blog, I posted a comment speaking from a student's perspective. I just basically said that I am a student who is studying to become a teacher. I know from experience that all the points Johnson touched on in his blog are very true and too often teachers forget to utilize those personal relation skills to better reach the students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment