What: Last week in our class, Technology in Education, we were asked to do an assignment with the flip video. Alice and I were partners and we decided to act out some vocabulary words. We got on google and looked up weird random words that we had never heard of. Then, we took turns videotaping and narrating as the other person would act out the definition of the chosen vocabulary word. It was really fun and a good activity to do to actually learn and remember the meaning of the word. Once we were done recording, it took about 10 minutes, we uploaded the video onto the computer and were then able to create a slide show of the different words we acted out, which we shared with the class.
So What: I had never used the flip video before and was impressed with how easy it was to use and how helpful it can be for teachers. In doing this activity, I realized that technology should be included to make learning more innovative and creative.
Now What: Now that i've had experience with using the flip video, and have seen how easy it is to use, I will definately try and use it when I become a teacher. It makes for fun and creative activities which only foster a better learning environment. As a student myself, I really enjoyed being creative with the assignment. This made me realize that students, in general, would prefer to be creative in the learning process. So, I hope to carry over what I've learned to my future classroom!
No comments:
Post a Comment